About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Yulia Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the 2014 winter Olympic games. Yulia is the youngest Russian skater to ever win gold in her first ever team event at the Sochi winter Olympic games. A team event is when you get to compete for your country with other skaters. Unfortunately the Russian skater retired at age 19 due to Anorexia which is a eating disorder when a person who is underweight constantly thinks of themselves as overweight.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam,

    Reading your post I see that this is quite the interesting sportsperson! Her story is really inspirational being the youngest Russian skater to win gold in the Winter Olympics. Quite saddening to read about her retirement from skating - hoping she gets better soon! Any particular reason why Yulia is a sporting hero to you?

    -Willy

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...