About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Friday, January 12, 2018

Activity 1: Day 4: Another World War (1939-1945)

Allies Declare War On Nazi Germany

Choose two key events and find out some more information about what happened on those days. On your blog, write a short summary of two events, including the names of people involved and where the event happened.


EVENT 1 :

3 September 1939 - British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain declared war against Germany for attaching and invading Poland. France, Australia and New Zealand were her allies. Hitler, leader of the Nazi Germans refused to talk and negotiate peace.


EVENT 2:  Victory in Europe (VE) Day

Germany surrendered on 7 May 1945. British Prime Minister Winston Churchill announced the peace on the 9 of May, NZ time. NZ acting Prime Minister Mr Nash told country.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team.
    It's awesome to be back to read another activity post!

    I can see that you have chosen two events related to declaration of war. It's very interesting to find out why New Zealand declared war on Germany and Italy. I can see that you've searched for some information and facts about these two events! :)

    I am not even surprised to read that Hitler (the leader of Nazi Germany), refused to talk to other countries to negotiate peace. I guess he did not want any peace as the only peace he wanted was to eventually take over the world, control all the powerful countries, and make Germany powerful like it used to be before the Great World War.

    I enjoyed reading your blog post, I look forward to reading more :)

    Cheers,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...