About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Activity 1: Day 3: The Great Depression (The 1930s)

When I feel stressed something I love doing to keep me relaxed or calm is singing. Singing always helps me cope with stress. No matter what song it is whether it is sad or cheerful it always calms me down. Another thing that helps me relax is skating. I recently posted of my figure skating and I think skating can always calm you down no matter what.

Sam's Tips for Dealing With Stress
1. Do something you enjoy and don't focus on anything else.
2. Close your eyes. It is quite simple but for me it helps a bunch.
3. Lay down and have a little rest. You should feel much better when you wake up
4. Have some time to yourself.
Stress is natural and it ought to happen some day in your life, especially when you get older and a bit more mature. Luckily there are ways to cope with stress and these are only a few of them.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sam,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced “Emily”) and I work alongside Billy at the Summer Learning Journey!

    Thanks for sharing these tips on how to deal with stress. It's great to see you have so many different simple, yet effective strategies to use. I have to agree with the one about having a rest! Often I get so worked up over something that is not usually a big deal because I'm really tired. If I make sure I get enough sleep, then I am able to focus again and realise I can deal with the situation.

    I hope you have been having a great holiday and you've been enjoying the sun! What are some things you have been getting up to?

    It's awesome to see how actively you have been blogging this summer! Remember that you can always go back and add to the activities you have already completed to make sure they are the best blog posts that you can do. I know the Summer Learning Journey team have enjoyed reading and commenting on your blog. We can't wait to see what else you will blog!

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...