About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Activity 2: Day 3: The Great Depression (The 1930s)

Three Ways To Fund Money For Families
1. Put on some sort of production or disco and everyone who comes can pay for a ticket
2. Create some sort of charity so that more fortunate schools and families can contribute to helping others.
3. Food fair. it seems basic but people gain a massive amount of money.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team. I can see that you've been going through the activities very quickly. Do you enjoy doing the activities? I would love to hear back from you in the comment below :)

    Wow, you have thought about this in depth. I like how you explained each idea in detail. Disco and productions would be very effective as they are fun events that everyone would want to participate and be a part of. It would be a very quick way to raise money for those people in need. You will need to explain to all those people who attend the event that the raised money will be going to families in need.

    I like the idea of food fair! Again, this would be an event that everyone would want to come and enjoy as everyone would love to have some nice food :) What kind of food would you have? I would have some savoury food, multicultural food, sweet treats, frozen desserts, and more!

    Do you have any other ideas that you could add to your list of events?

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...