About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 3, Day 5, Bonus Activity: You Have to Pay to Play

I think we should pay to go to university. Graduating from universities opens up ones horizon of opportunities in life. It is a life changing opportunity if you graduate. However, it should not be that expensive. We need to pay but can be half of what people are paying now. My brother and sister are struggling to pay their student loan before they even complete their degree.  My sister said that getting a degree gives her a debt for life. I don't think that is fair. But if I don't graduate I will get job that is not great and I don't want to do that. 
Therefore in my opinion I think that you should pay to go to university, because it is worth a lot, BUT  not as expensive.

1 comment:

  1. Hey again Sam, thank you for sharing your thoughts on whether or not students should have to pay to attend university. It certainly does open up one's horizons and opportunities in life - well put. I believe if universities are free then everyone will have an equal opportunity in life. Perhaps students could pay half and the government could pay the other half.

    Do you think that you will go to university when you are older? What might you study?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...