About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Week Four: Day 1: Turn of the Century, Activity 1: Celebrating a Win

Birthdays is always a special time in our family. With my mum side of the family, we always gathered at Nana and Papa's house because they are very old. They are both well into their eighties. Depending on who's birthday, if it's for my cousin who are in their late teens, we will have a pizza night and we will always have a family prayer led by Papa.
But for my birthday, we have very big birthday parties. My mum, dad and my sisters always make my birthdays very special. Twice we celebrated at the Paradise Skate.  I am very grateful.
When someone has a special birthday, like the 18yrs old, we go to the restaurant or bar.  Twice we were at Speight Bar at Stonefield for cousin Toni and mum's 50th.
Nana and Papa's birthday is always special and we always get together at their home or we come to my house because it is bigger.  Family Prayer is always part of our birthday celebration.

This was my 8th birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam, thanks for sharing how your family likes to celebrate special occasions. My grandparents are well into their eighties as well. My grandpa passed away a year or two ago at age 101. He was still driving too! Not that well though...

    I love going to Paradise Ice Skating. I went there recently with my friend and we skated for an hour or two. Afterwards, we had really sore legs and were really tired. I didn't realise how tiring it was!

    How are you going to celebrate your next birthday? What is your favourite birthday food?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...