About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Day 3, Bonus Activity: A Bilingual Schooling System

Dear Mrs Donally
I am writing to request your consideration to let our school be part
of the summer holiday blogging.  This is a programme that is run by
Rachel from the University of Auckland. She sets weekly activities for
children to complete during the holidays. The activities are fun and it helps
children like myself keep reading and writing over the holiday period.
Children can still learn even in the holidays. Doing the Summer Blogging
helps retain children's learning during the summer break.


I look forward to your favourable response.

Yours Sincerely, Sam

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again Sam, thank you for writing a letter to your principal. I am glad you are enjoying the summer blogging programme. I can tell from your posts that you are really engaged and excited about participating in the programme. Perhaps you could show your principal some of the activities you have been working on to convince her of the benefits of the blogging programme.

    What has been your favourite activity so far?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...