About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Activity 2: Making a Fashion Statement

1940s
Most of the women's fashions during the 1940s were designed with the same squared shoulders, small waist, and skirt above the knee. Hats were part of their outfit. High heels is
NOW 
Mini skirts with hair let out and dressing jewellery and flat shoes with glasses. This is a meshed up time as there are different taste and style.

In the next 65 years, people will recycle the style. They might go back to the 1940s,  With fashion and style, it is a cycle. 
I also think about the weather, if the global warming is getting worse, people will be wearing something that will cover themselves to protect them from the sun. 





1 comment:

  1. Hey there Sam, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the fashion in the 1940's, and also comparing it with the fashion of today. You've gone into lots of detail examining their outfits in both pictures, well done. It's nice having a wider variety of colour and style today. Fashion does seem to come around again so I like your prediction of it being a similar style in the future.

    I never thought about how global warming might influence fashion, great comment!

    Which picture do you prefer? The fashion of the 1940's or today?

    Thanks Sam, great work.
    Billy :)

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...