About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

My Favourite Sweet Recipe is a Tongan desert called faikakai topai.  I really love this desert but my aunty only made it for very special occasion because it is very time consuming.

There are 3 parts for this desert.

Part 1, Preparing the syrup.
Depending on how much you need.
2kg of  brown sugar
4 tins of coconut milk.

Melt the brown sugar on a low heat stove.
Pour  in the coconut milk slowly.
Stir as you pour. The melted sugar will be harden but keep stirring and it will dissolve.
When all the coconut is mixed with the melted sugar, keep stirring until the mixture become  thick.

Part 2: Preparing the dough
1.5kg of self-raising flour
Mix flour with water to make a dough
boil a pot of water and spoon the dough in the pot.
Once the dough is cooked. Remove from the boiling pot and leave to cool down.

Part 3: Mix the syrup with the dough.
Cut the dough into dice size.
Pour the syrup over the diced dough.




1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Sam :)

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team!

    First of all, your photo of delicious faikakai topai covered in sweet golden syrup is making me hungry... I only had a half of my sandwich for lunch and now I'm craving for the rest of my sandwich. Just looking at the photo makes me salivate.

    Thank you for sharing the recipe with everyone, I've never tasted this food before but I would love to try some in the future!

    My favourite sweet treat would be chocolate cookies! I like having them a bit soggy and soft - either dip them in milk or microwave them for 10~15 seconds.

    I would love to hear back from you, have a lovely day!
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...