About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 3, Day 5, Activity 2: Leading New Zealand

Leading New Zealand

Jenny Shipley 2013 (crop).jpg

Name of Prime Minister: Jenny Shipley

Date of Birth: 4 February 1952

Political Party: National
Number of Years as Prime Minister: 2 years (8 December 1997 – 5 December 1999)
Three interesting facts about my chosen Prime Minister:
1. Jenny Shipley was the first female to run the National Party.

2. She was not only the first female to run the National Party she was also the first female prime minister.
3.Jenny Shipley is a member of the Council of Women World Leaders.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Sam,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters here at the Summer Learning Journey. I’m normally in the Kaikohekohe cluster up north but I have been given the chance to come and check out some blogs in the Manaiakalani cluster!

    You have done a great job on writing a profile about our first female Prime Minister. Did you know she wasn’t elected to be the Prime Minister? Jim Bolger stood down and Jenny Shipley who was the deputy Prime Minister became the Prime Minister. Unfortunately she lost in the 1999 election to Helen Clark. Helen Clark became the first elected female Prime Minister in New Zealand.

    Congratulations for participating in the Summer Learning Journey 2017-2018!

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...