About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018



A pictorial story of the Catholic Cathedral in Auckland city -
St. Patrick and St Joseph. In January 29, 1943 a wooden church was built but
with the growing number in Auckland at the time a stone church was built and
opened on March 19 1848. Since then the church has been add on and renovated to
its present stage. It is a historical building.
1848
1884
1907
2005-07
2017

I sometimes go to this cathedral for mass on Sundays.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's awesome to be back to read your post!

    Your post today gives detailed information about St Patrick and St Joseph's Cathedral, reading about this made me excited because I could link it to my own experience of my own visit to that cathedral! It was enormous and very authentic. It was surrounded by lots of different colourful artworks of Saints, Mary, and Jesus. Have you ever visited an old cathedral or an old church that was built in the late 1800s or the early 1900s? - I'm sure you have given the information that you go to this Cathedral for mass on Sundays :)

    I can't wait to read and comment your next blog post!

    Cheers,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...