About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

WEEK 2: Bonus Activity: Crossing the Tasman

A Diamante Poem

RELIEVED
THANKFULLY, SAFELY
NAVIGATING, ARRIVING, ACHIEVING
ACROSS THE TASMAN, FIERCE AND WILD
TALKING, LAUGHING, RESTING,
BRAVERY, HEROISM

LANDED

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team :)

    Wow this poem is powerful and amazing, you've done a great job Sam! You had a combination of descriptive language features such as adverbs (Thankfully, safely), verbs (Navigating, arriving, achieving), synonyms (fierce and wild), and many interesting adjectives, it allowed me to imagine the scene while I was reading the poem!

    I know that this is a diamante poem because the author (you) have identified the type of the poem on the top -it also looks like a diamond. Perhaps you could've made up a title for this poem. You have put yourself into the aviator's shoes and wrote the poem in his perspective. I can tell that you have put a lot of effort into this poem :)

    Now I can't wait to read your next blog post!

    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...