About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Week 4, Day 4, Activity 2: The Big ‘OE’

Los Llanos, Venezuela (South America)

1. I would visit Los Llanos because of wildlife. It is fascinating seeing that a huge amount of wildlife is in Venezuela. I am a big fan on researching about birds and the varieties of bird species is astonishing.

2. I would also like to go there because almost everything in Los Llanos is green. That obviously means that the environment is very healthy and clean. People around Los Llanos do there best to keep it clean for wildlife to survive.

3. Lastly, I would like to go there because of the essential oils in the plants that surround Venezuela. I would like to extract oils from the plants and experiment with different smells and make a variety of different scents and fragrances from the oils and sell them.

I am definitely never going to live in Venezuela but I would love to visit.


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Sam,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. I can see that you've been very busy with all of the activities, and you're doing a great job!

    I had not heard of Los Llanos before I read your post, but it sounds like a very interesting place. What sorts of wildlife are native to Los Llanos? It sounds like you have an interest in science. What would you want to do with the oils and fragrances that you extract from the plants?

    If I was going to travel anywhere in the world, I would like to go to Thailand so that I can visit an elephant sanctuary and volunteer with the elephants that have been rescued. They are my favourite animal. What is your favourite animal?

    I look forward to reading more of your posts soon!

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...