About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Activity 2: The Right to Vote

I do not think it’s fair for the Saudi Arabian women not to vote for parliament. Everyone should have equal right. Thanks to  King Abdullah  for allowing women to participate in the municipal elections. God created human being to be the same. We can see the women can do anything that men do or women do more. Women nurture children, boys and girls alike. Why do they have to be second class citizen?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team :)

    I really like reading your blog posts as they make me think more deeply about the topic. I've learnt from this post that the elections in Saudi Arabia is called Municipal elections. I absolutely feel the same as you do, God created us to be different but to be treated equally and fairly. That is why we need to treat others with respect and also help others who are in trouble and struggling.

    It's good that women in Saudi Arabia now have the right to vote, however there are many other countries that still do not give women the same right as men and consider them as inferior to them. Every individual should be treated fairly and equally.

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...