About Me

Hi, My name is Sam and I am a Year 5 student at Mt Carmel School. I wanted to participate in the Summer Blogging as I was with my mum when Rachel came to talk to her class. I asked my mum if I can join. Finally she agrees and I am very keen to journey through with so many children around New Zealand.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Day 5: Coming to an End

My family VE Day
There is no celebration without food and drink. However, the war has
taken everything. Food was minimal and our house was hardly has any goodies.
The first thing we will did was gathering our close families and we pray.
This was very emotional. We thanks for our lives but we prayed for
those who have passed because of the horrible war. We prayed for other
families and all leaders of the countries to be able to talk rather than fight.
We had a BBQ, mum made potato salad, my favourite with sausages.  
We sang songs and us kids played outside while the adults drank wine
and beer.
Soon it was night time and we all went to sleep, not having to worry about hiding.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey blogging team. It's awesome to see your blog posts uploaded almost every single day!

    This is an emotional piece of writing. I felt the sadness as well as being relieved, no longer having to distress and feel anxious about hiding or worrying about missiles or bombs. I would also have some barbecue with my family. I wouldn't have my friends over because they also need to spend some time with their families.

    Thank you for sharing an amazing piece of writing, I felt like I was in the story as the writing was packed with emotional and descriptive language.

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts.

    Cheers,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete

Week Four, Day 2, Activity 2: Sporting Heroes

Yulia Lipnitskaya Yulia  Vyacheslavovna Lipnitskaya is a former competitive Russian figure skater. When Yulia was 16 she competed at the...